My Baby Tracker

Friday, February 15, 2013

PUPO! (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise)

The transfer went well! We had 2 blasts transferred. One the RE graded as a B (on an A-D scale) and the other he gave a C-. I don't know why he wouldn't give the actual grades. That's alright though because if he had, I'd probably be obsessively googling for blasts with that grade. They did give us a picture which hubby was not too pleased about, but it's still cool to see. I won't be posting the picture on here unless I get a positive result. Last time getting the picture sorta made me see the embryos as something more than they were so it was more painful when we got the BFN. This time though, I am looking at them more like "cellular bundles". But that didn't stop me from naming them! I have named them Batman & Robin because I just think its funny to picture them as superheroes. The 'B' grade made me think of Batman and his lesser quality - but just as fierce - sidekick Robin! So they are hanging out in the batcave right now hopefully trying to figure out how to implant themselves and grow in to real humans:P

We have 1 other embryo that made it to day 5 but it was a bit slow (classified as a morula). So RE left it in the incubator to see what it does within the next day and then will see if we should freeze the lil guy. They will call us Saturday to let us know if it survived. So fingers crossed!

All in all, this cycle has gone well so far. We have at least 2 blasts - not the best quality, but they are still blasts which is key. So I'm happy with that! Our beta test is next Saturday. Seems so soon, but that's about right - 2 weeks after our egg retrieval.

So today I just hung out on the couch all day and let hubby wait on me. Something I wasn't prepared for was the amount of bleeding though. Last time I had zero bleeding. This time I've gone thru 2 pantiliners in the past 8 hours - kind of a lot for not having a period. I doubt it's coming from my uterus due to all the hormones my body is on and I don't feel crampy. It's likely from my cervix or vagina. Maybe it got irritated during the transfer or something? Whatever the case, I need to call RE tomorrow before we go back home to Chicago to make sure that the amount of bleeding I'm experiencing is okay. Of course I started bleeding after the office was closed:/

No comments:

Post a Comment